Sunday 1 November 2009

Packing it all in

September 2009: my flat

'I can't do this' is the thought running through my brain. I have a wardrobe and drawers stuffed full of clothes, and only a small rucksack to fill. I've already packed up my entire flat and life into cardboard boxes and transported them to my wonderfully obliging parents. I'm leaving behind my home and everybody that I love to travel. Sounds exciting, but I have a rather sick feeling in my stomach now that the time is drawing near. Six months away sounded like a great idea earlier this year, now I'm not so sure!

After many attempts at packing and repacking, I finally close the rucksack. I really wish I had room for an extra pair of shoes, a few more tops and a couple of dresses though. No heels. No hairdryer. Only a tiny make up bag. Eek!

I shut the door on my flat and try not to think about the state my cream carpet will be in next time I see it. It's going to be somebody else's home for a while.

After tears, hugs and emotional goodbyes, I finally head off on a plane from London Heathrow to Bangkok and then Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

Here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment